Birth Of A Retail Giant
Birth Of A Retail Giant!
It’s no longer news that Konga, Nigeria’s largest online mall and Yudala, Africa’s pioneer composite e-commerce company have officially announced a merger of their operations. The business merger will take effect on May 1st, 2018 which will see both companies operate under the brand name KONGA. Welcome to a new era where all your shopping needs will be met, get ready to experience the Birth Of A Retail Giant.
According to Konga chairman Olusiji Ijogun, combining forces to power the new Konga will enable us effectively achieve our goals of platform expansion and accelerated growth as we embark on an ambitious journey to redefine the retail ecosystem with the industry’s most advanced technology.
Effective from May 1, 2018, Yudala will now operate under the name KONGA, with dual CEOs – Nick Imudia who will be in charge of the online arm of the business while Prince Nnamdi Ekeh will be responsible for the offline operations. The merger is said to further strengthen Konga’s position in the Nigerian retail market, placing Konga as the first profitable e-commerce company in Nigeria.
Both operations will be supported by KongaPay, a Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)-licensed mobile money platform and Konga Express, a world-class logistics company with advanced delivery capabilities for internal and external customers.
With the Konga and Yudala merger just a week to go (May 1st) here are some of the features and benefits to expect:
- Organized retail and e-commerce in Nigeria to deliver more value to customers and merchants.
- Prospective shoppers can order online, pay and pick up the product(s) at the nearest Konga Offline store.
- Increased business opportunities for merchants nationwide.
- A broad range of products and services, giving the customers and merchants more options and access to an expanded variety of guaranteed quality and payment methods.
- The Konga business platform will now include two distinct but fully integrated platforms; Konga online and Konga retail, the offline arm of the business.
e-Commerce in Africa just got interesting. Sign up online on Konga.com today to enjoy numerous benefits of online shopping.